AUDITS AND APPEALS
We assist our clients in settling tax disputes at the audit or Appeals Office level. In audits, we assist our clients in pursuing strategies that increase their opportunity to settle their tax dispute with the federal or state taxing authorities.
Examples of the services we provide include:
- Convincing a revenue agent that a case involving a gross understatement of income tax should not be referred to the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division, but should be resolved through civil proceedings.
- Convincing an Appeals Officer to remove the civil fraud penalty assessment from a revenue agent's audit determination.
- Convincing an Appeals Officer that workers of a business were independent contractors rather than employees.
- Obtaining a "no-change" or "tax deficiency" decrease result in an audit.
CIVIL TAX LITIGATION AND CONTROVERSY
When our clients are unable to resolve their tax dispute at the audit and Appeals Office level, we continue to represent our clients in:
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court
- Appellate Courts.
[Offer in Compromise]
[Tax Collection Defense]
[Tax Preparation Services]